Monday, December 3, 2012

Disgusted With Disney



  I am furious with the Walt Disney organization and despite niece Mickey's brave trek to work for them, I'm ready to protest the entire company.

  Granted, the economy has been slow and every business has a right to generate profit especially when  profits are less than projected expectations.  A company without morals and ethics will often sell their corporate soul for the all mighty dollar. Some companies- even public ones manage ways not to do this but let's place Disney in the big, thick sell out column.

  I do understand that Disney has many shareholders to keep satisfied.  The company has to diversify and find new ways to make a profit but an organization built on family entertainment should always work to keep this principle as its focus.  Funding 'R' rated movies was questionable but the newest Downtown Disney store is not only unacceptable to me and millions of others but is a vision gone terribly terribly wrong.

    Walt Disney's GP& V Boutique : Giant Penis and Vagina store opened in October 2012.  As the photo proves, people continually are disgusted and can be seen walking away.  While I found the structure of the giant penis oddly compelling, this should not be the type of symbol associated with Mickey Mouse. Where will the company draw the line?  Will Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln be newly staged as well, merged with President Lincoln's Big Thunder Mountain?

      Call me a prude but I am upset.  The company could at least cover part of the structure.  Disney, you've got it wrong.  Take the time to make it right.  And while you're at it, bring back the red licorice strings and the FAntasia ice cream.  And what's up charging $400 and up for your hotels?  That will make any wallet immediately limp.





1 comment:

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...