Thursday, October 13, 2011

Seattle 2011


Maria has been working so hard. I was really happy that she ok'd a short trip from Friday-Monday. Coincidentally Dexter and I went here the same week last year.


A long weekend's journey to Seattle. Maria and Oliver's first time. VirginAir makes for a good flight.


Swimming the next day in the rain and cool brings my ranking up to a shared #1. No longer at the sixth spot behind the cats. Still, Oliver refers to Dext as "chubb chubb" and me as "chubba chubba" and Maria as "boss,boss".

Dressed for success? Oliver is easier to find in a camera lens. Dexter begins to take after his mom, and runs for shelter.

for the record, staying in Pioneer Square, Silver Cloud Stadium.















The Great Dominoes Rematch with
Sarah and Drew on Capitol Hill.


Drew won the first match, Maria (the novice) won the second and Dexter finished second in both, with a bright flurry in the second match. Somebody else didn't win anything.
As always the hospitality was relaxed and fun.


After a round of see saw, Lava /Monster Tag in the park
Yao Ming would only have come up to the top of this guy's necktie.
Center for Wooden Boats where I saw a random salmon (pretty!) jump out of the water. Also where we experienced a panic attack when a sea plane appeared to head straight for us. Maria wanted to go left, Dexter pulled the rope to go right, I was trying to recall the maritime advice our neighborhood drunk was trying to communicate to me ("Red Right Return") and Oliver was laughing at the thought of how funny it would be if the plane landed on us.
Oliver was here a minute ago.....


Serving just desserts. Beecher's cheese makes great sandwiches and mac and cheese!



Fremont with Bella and Bob.







This month's theme at the 5 Spot is Philadelphia. It was nice to see Josh and Jackie who moved up here to start their own life in July.










It was nice to see you Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...