Sunday, June 21, 2015

Pops Day



    Usually on Father's Day, I'm very content to just hang about with the Big Three.  Outside places are usually crowded, restaurants out of the question for me, donut shops a mere possibility.  A recipient of some nice summer wear, and with a Sunday newspaper at hand, I delighted in a sunny breakfast on our back porch with everyone nearby.   Oliver made me a three page comic book, plot driven with a point sure to come with a promised part two.

    This year I did have a plan.  That is for us to investigate the bay water at the beach. I witnessed people going way out-hundreds of feet away from shore without getting more than waist deep. Almost an optical illusion.  Time for us to find out up close, holding hands and taking one step at a time.


    Friday Oliver and I got repairs on two of our bikes allowing the four of us to ride out together today (which was almost as much fun) about a mile and a half to our destination.  The water was warmer than expected, possibly due to the shallow depth,  the summer solstice, and reports that the bay water is warmer this year than ever.





   There were occasional dips, holes and a little bit further out the water cooled some.  We went fairly far to where we were content and wanting to be back on land.  It's kind of cool to go out so far but I do creep myself out when I'm in so much water.  Actually I creep myself out when I'm on as much land.



 In Alameda, there was also the Neptune Beach street fair of which we wandered over to later in the afternoon.  The Crazy Bus looked like fun but we got no closer than observing that it looked like fun.
Now after a berry pie, coffee, and an episode of Grand Designs on the BBC, I'm feeling pretty good.




   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...