Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Hummingbirds


We have four hummingbirds that visit us (for some time, it was just one, possibly two females) and I've been obsessing about gaining their trust, and being able to take some photos. At first the images were blurry without much detail but I've found some nice vantage points where either they don't notice me, or they aren't threatened. Plus I've likely taken 300-400 (erased most, fear not), waiting 30 minutes until they arrive.
Frequently one will get close but then is chased away by another as they are fearless, territorial, and at least with each other not very considerate.

I marvel at their grace, and splendor in color (males are so pretty), their ability to fly like Tinkerbell, and how much mileage we've gotten out of our $1 feeder.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...