Monday, February 1, 2016

Hiking Huckleberry


   These days leave us with few weekends where we are all together, without obligations or opportunities that pull us apart.  While we are grateful that the boys have friendships and places to go to, it's very special when we can all be together.  At the same time it's not always easy motivating everyone to get outside but hey, the rains have ceased and daylight beckoned.  We headed to the Huckleberry Botanical Regional Preserve which I know sounds more like a jar of jam is a quiet and pretty place for a cool hike.  Oliver and I went here in late August.  Today we were still spooked by the possibility of mountain lions but perhaps feeling strength in numbers, or 50% less chance of getting munched on.  No mountain lions, nor any wildlife to be seen. The physical absence of the company of pretty creatures be it a cat, an eagle or a crow.  We would occasionally hear other people and the water from recent rains rolling down the hills.  Otherwise, just our footsteps and Oliver's endless chatter.  I think I would have preferred the crow.

photo by Dext



not exactly sure what Oliver is sniffing






I guess most of all, days together are fulfilling.  We are fortunate.


Hiking Huckleberry Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...