Saturday, March 25, 2017

Finale, Into The Woods


         Wow. Sondheim. Wordy. Lengthy. Difficult. Grandly. Good. I first heard and learned to like Sondheim when my Mom bought the soundtrack to the play, Company, sometime in the 1970's. Sondheim for me, takes several listens but it stays longer. Into the Woods is very lyrically packed with all the lines to be remembered and sung, all the lighting cues and complexities of direction- several simultaneous scenes occurring that it was a nice, if tense achievement for Sota to pull off.  It was an excellent show; the sets and costumes, lighting and performances were impressive. Sadly it's Dexter's last big musical production and as much as he is relieved to reach this point, it does come with it for us, some sadness.

        I am thankful that my sister,Wayne, and brother came to a performance. Despite its 2.5 hours run time, seemed to enjoy themselves.  I certainly did. Stellar stuff, this.


Every show was (or near) a sellout and each audience member received not a usual program but instead a program cake, which made for a harsh cleanup.  But as the musical, it was less about turning pages, as it was to reveal layers of intrigue, and flavorful middles.


Dexter loves to weld and blast metal



LightMan



Annette and crew's awesome costuming



Strike the set!
after party for cast and crew (tech then had to go back to break down the sets)


Seniors!

Tech seniors

All for one

Kudos for Dexter from the performing seniors

and for Paul too


soccer fun
Into The Woods, under the sets. Don't look to closely, I haven't read this stuff...




         

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...