Saturday, March 25, 2017

Roadin' With The Rhodys


   Robert invited Oliver and I to an all day trip to Santa Cruz to visit friends and family- some of whom I've known for years but haven't seen much of, in years. Also just to go to go on an adventure, although the true reason we were invited became immediately obvious not long after our first stop.


   Robert needs someone for Wade to sleep on, exhausted from his early morning excitement and drive. This rugged cushion (me) gave Robert the freedom to drink his coffee, read his newspaper and go shopping. Three hours later, he returned with a tan and 200 tickets won at the arcade. I did manage to persuade a nearby resident to get me a coffee refill.

i still want to nap there


Ted lives in a quiet and pretty street within a five minute walk of the bustling and lively Santa Cruz downtown

Oliver types in topics to talk about while his beverage attempts to sneak away
Two top gents: Wade and Ted

cool shark sculpture downtown
apparently it's popular to dress men in green scarves, hats, then paint them gray in Santa Cruz
whenever Oliver believes he is falling, he grabs my 'good luck' head

along the beach


Oliver was initially disappointed that the trip would not include any forays into the boardwalk- park and arcade but he had a great time and found a wonderful ally in Laurie Ann's mother, Leah.  Laurie and Leah have three dogs of varying energy levels; hyper to sedate and in between cautious.  Their oldest is a gentle giant and the hyper one delighted Oliver.  Wade was happy in everyone's company and I can see why Santa Cruz is a happy eager place for him to visit.
It was a fine day for us too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...