Saturday, August 14, 2010

If A Monster has me in his mouth, what should I do?

Of course, what constitutes what a "monster" is, is very subjective; who is a monster? My Eva, a Great White Shark might be somebody's monster. However since I'm writing this, I will lay determine what constitutes a monster for this discussion. That is, less of who/what, but more of who/what is doing what to whom. Because I'm not so self obsessed (never mind 22 blogs in one month), the reference of whom won't be me, might be you, the reader. Boys, on the day you're reading this- this is a good one to read together for you might be thinking that Dad's going obtuse. The truth be obtuse. Speaking of teeth, go see a dentist. I'll wait.

Here's the gig. May it never be yours. But just in case. I have the feeling you guys might like camping, and bike riding. Since I'm such a city dad, seems logical that you all might find the great outdoors as appealing as I did, but in your case- not only from the pages of a book. You might also spend plenty of time in the city, some city, somewhere. Going out or working late at night, strolling home at an hour when most people are asleep. Here's the crazy worst case scenarios: You're out on your own- usually not a problem, except Whoa-hey, there's a mountain lion on my back. Whoa-ouch, it's not Uncle Regis unshaven, it's a frackin' bear. Oh shit, there's a bunch of guys coming out of a car with lead pipes. This can't be happening- Why me?

This is the thing that you have to let go; this feeling that freezes people up- of hopelessness. What have you done to deserve this- nothing- it is nothing personal. If it is personal then you've really got problems (a return visit). You're just the poor sucker who is in the wrong place, wrong time. Okay? Wrong place, wrong time. Just as a tiny fish swims into target range, you my friend are tonight's special feature: prey item #1. Now immediately throw the "why me" question out of the way. Reach for the simple enough solution: using all the lessons you've learned (make good decisions) to find a way to get to tomorow. Of course the difficult part is the act of getting out which will may also involve pain and discomfort- (yours).

However giving up can hurt a whole lot worse; know that I'm now referring to all the predators with big teeth (see Dr. Stanley Tong 415-441-8622) and metal sticks in these situations as monsters.
Know that bears and mountain lions like to gnaw on heads and just as they do with fish, enjoy eating pumping hearts. Human monsters are probably much worse.
Bears and mountain lions you don't turn your back on, and frankly I am no expert on how to deal with these guys. Move slow? Look big? Make noise? Throw rocks? Super strong pepper spray? Human monsters you probably can turn your back on, and if you're a runner- run uphill if you can (human monsters are inherently lazy and hate putting in extra effort).

What is all this rambling about? Well, if you've read any of my other posts, you've already asked this question. I just believe that life is always worth living for. All things are worth considering as each day we're learning how to live and how to make the best decisions to live. I will live with my wife and children, I will live with this great cup of coffee, I will live when I am resting and working, I will live when my life is in peril. I will live. But don't neglect a good dentist.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...