Saturday, March 5, 2011

a word from the family



Maria asked me to post this from our family members, Jackie and Josh. And to its content is every good reason why I should.
(certainly beats my last blog in having something to say!)

Join me in my efforts to support Walk Now for Autism Speaks

Please join me in my efforts to support Walk Now for Autism Speaks!

Can you imagine hearing the words "your child has autism"? In a split second, life - as you know it - has changed. For a different family every 15 minutes, tomorrow will never be the same.

By participating in this event, you are helping to change the future for all who struggle with autism. By walking, you are getting us one step closer to finding what causes autism, how to prevent and treat it, and ultimately a cure so no family ever hears those words again. Until then, we walk to find answers and raise awareness about the devastating toll that autism has had on families like ours.

I need you to help make tomorrow be about dance lessons, school lunches and first words rather than therapy, doctor appointments and despair. Together, we will find the missing pieces.


My brothers, Stephen and Jonathan, are my greatest inspirations. Both being at the severe end of the spectrum, life growing up was hard- but at the same time so rewarding. Facing these barriers growing up was pretty tough, but I wouldn't change my life for the world. They have taught me to be kind, to have compassion, empathy, sympathy, to be grateful for what life has to offer... to strive to be the best person I can be. I owe it all to them.

I walk for Stephen and Jonathan. I walk for my parents- a couple of the strongest people I know. I walk for the parents who just found out their child is autistic. I walk for the siblings of autistic kids who are struggling to live life as normally as possible. I walk to show my support and to help find the missing pieces of the puzzle.

With your help last year, I was able to raise $1,234.
Please help me reach my goal of $1,500 for this year's walk.
www.walknowforautismspeaks.org
Sincerely,

Jackie Liss

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...