Monday, January 30, 2012

These Days


Dear Friends,

these days find us in good spirits busier than we realize. While I am hording Christmas LP's - cheaper in January than December and old Uncle Scrooge Comic Books, the following pictures mostly feature Oliver; he the one of us who runs toward the camera. I do too but I feel the need to pretend that I don't. So look for Oliver in a photo op with the Mayor (Brother Lee) who was very gracious to take the time to do so.

Oliver's first organized sporting event. This was a baseball clinic put on by Dexter's first coach, Coach Sherman. Not only was Oliver smaller than all the other kids he was also the youngest but definitely the most determined. A photo with Aunt Janey when she hosted a terrific Chinese New Year's dinner inviting my family and being with my dear cousins Judy, Jadey, Doreen and their families.

With the SF summer-like weather, we took the opportunity to revisit old favorites-Pancho Villa in the Mission, to discover Humphrey Slocombe ice cream, and stunned to see the new shops in Hayes Valley- Beer Garden, Ritual Roasters (hey, you're on Blue Bottle turf!) and a winter wonderland backdrop on a warm January evening. Also, Oliver dressed as me for school and me dressed as Oliver dressed as me. And at least one photo of Dexter- bringing me a piece of cake, care and kindness. A nice hour spent with old friend Palmer who when he applied at Peets carried a letter of reference that I had written for him nearly 14 years previously. A creative, quirky and gentle person that I have had the privilege to have known.

































No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...