Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Gatorland

swimming and creeping along



$10 dare to get under a waterfall


the gang




Gatorland. Orlando. Visiting old friends Marcail and Blythe Rose (and Cherry Vanilla). If you can ignore Cherry digging out a box of See's from our luggage and eating half the box, we were alesl in good shape and of fine spirits.  So let's remove these thoughts of puking dogs in different beds and carpets, and concentrate on how the kids picked up where they left off; in the eternal land of goofy.

Pictured above is Ollie's opulent stylings in the airport hotel after 3 Saturday flights.  In Orlando it was easy to ease into comfort at Marcail's with a lush pool setting and a home we are familiar with.  Two summers ago Dexter came out here on his own.

Gatorland was cool!  I thought it might be a place where the gators were all packed in (and with a nod to a tank of juveniles and a corny gator show-where this was the case) but most of the inhabitants had a wide berth to exist in close to their natural habitat.  I think I made a friend (well, maybe he wanted to eat me or saw me as someone who might feed him) but peering over a bridge I saw a mighty big fella who slowly followed me- our eyes recognizing our kindred reptilian spirits. After 15 minutes of coexistence and knowing that i needed to return to my human partners, I and walked away.  Looking back he was gone. He, and his eye (I won't forget that eye) is pictured four pictures down.


kids at play


egrets everywhere

                                                         
my friend. i love you.



Dexter feeding friends with large heads 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...