Sunday, January 13, 2013

Odds, Ends And The Ice Skaters

  Bits of business, some recent, some ongoing and some ever present.  In  2005  I snuck in pictures of the boys within a framed photo of some PR we were to post for the public to view.  At the time we were beginning to be micro managed with approval for everything that was on the walls.   We were told to  remove a great drawing a regular customer did of the team at work. It reached a point of unfunny silliness.

  The frame below was apparently never noticed other than by my staff and still exists on the wall today.  This shows me the administrators are more about control than detail.  Just for the record , here it is and Peets, keep up the good work for the Butterfly School in New Guinea.  It is something the company can be proud of.  And I am still proud of my boys at work.



Just the facts no matter how it paints me:  My public bathroom etiquette is as follows.  I do not like to have conversations in public bathrooms.  I'll be happy to speak to you outside or if we're sitting in a big fancy throne with seating outside the stalls.  Perhaps this began when Dexter's dentist (at the same) wanted to engage with me with a long banal conversation completely nude (actually in a dressing room near the bathroom).  More about my own personal discomfort I suppose -however Dexter did choose the wrong sink to hide under as Dr. Dentist chose that sink to be his podium.  I felt his pain.

Secondly, it's just a thing but I like to wash my hands.  Yes, not the most green process but I will wash my hands thoroughly in a bathroom. In a public bathroom, I will wash my hands longer than the person (man or woman) that I am next to. If you join me in the adjoining sink at about the same time, I will outlast you.  Side by side I recently found myself staring in the eyes of a rival hand washer. Game on.  Two, three, four minutes, then a knowing nod and a willing draw.  Next time everyone behind us will just have to wait a little bit longer.





It was cold when we skated.  I fell more than usual.  Maria does this better than me.  Dexter has a skaters smooth technique and Oliver is always game.  This night, people were falling all over.  The sounds of skaters as bowling pins crashing around us. 








Model A, John's pride and joy kept in the garage at Ruby Street. After a long hiatus may be on the road once again thanks to Tim's care.  The motor runs and tomorrow brings the hope that it may find the roads of Redwood City once again.  I want to be there.






On Mission Street between 25th and 26th, open Tuesday-Sunday from 11:30-7 is a fine place dedicated to sodas.  Bottles and bottles, divided by types of flavors and types of brews.  Friendly helpful staff and easy prices to comprehend ($2 per bottle, 4 for $6, and any more than this is too much pop.)  Despite recent studies for adults that drinking 4 cans/bottles of soda pop a day brings a 30% greater chance of depression, I can be pretty happy with a couple of bottles a week.  A deep chill chamber with ice, a filter to circulate the freeze and a bit of gin (why?) invites for a good brisk beverage.






                                                     the candy will bring up your bill!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...