Sunday, January 6, 2013

UltraOliverMan


   This promises to be an UltraOliverMan year.  I watched UltraMan when I was about Oliver's age way back in the late 60's.  UltraMan fought monsters who "threatened" the community, coming to the aid of the Science Patrol when they couldn't stop the beasts.  A while ago I came across the complete first year of UltraMan for $5.  It took over a year to convince Oliver to watch, and now he is hooked.

    The costumes are cheesy, clever, funny- think about the old Godzilla movies but imagine the monsters as rejects for that project.  There is a relation as the companies were linked, possibly the same company.  Some of the material is incredibly funny and hopefully intentionally so.  Watching some of these now, I realize that at times UltraMan slays the monsters before the creatures have done anything wrong, other than simply existing. He blows one up just for sleeping.  Maybe this is tell children it's bad to sleep in, let alone bad to be a monster trying to catch up on some zzzzz's in the land of the rising sun.

Tiga !
      Of course there has been several revivals since, in the 80's with UltraMan Tiga, and more recently another series of films beyond my understanding.  Seems as if 2013 will have more UltraMan than anyone but Oliver will be able to bear. 


UltraMan Prime Yo!




Next in Line





No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...