Friday, January 25, 2013

It's Always On My Mind

As soon as i sort through some photos, I can report on Josh and Jackie's wedding, 3 nights in Santa Cruz and Oliver's overnight field trip on the ranch...

You may notice that there are some topics I continually writing about; family, New Orleans, baseball, journeys and the occasional odd beast..  However I do not write about the job that was most meaningful to me or the place you (Dexter and Oliver) both know so well, where your Mother works.

I'm still not going to write much about Peets! It was where I did the best work I've done, and will most likely ever accomplish.  And yet the best work our family has done and is still doing is what your Mother accomplishes everyday.  Some days I am sure the successes are easier to source when work feels less as work but with meaning and deliverance of purpose.

( what do you do with Xmas trees the week after Christmas? why- pick 'em up around the neighborhood and set them up in the yard of the pre-school. The wonder continues for the young 'ens when they return from their break. Planted courtesy Katie and Dexter, hardworking alumni.)


To protect the privacy of the children I'll stay away from specifics, photos of them at play. The Co-Op encourages the children to work out their feelings, to experience and to communicate their needs, while beginning to make room for the needs of their peers.  Willing cooperation , laughter as language, play as the motion, silence as an option not a directive, creativity encouraged, and hearts nourished.  If the grown ups tune in, attentive and are present in the moment, these attributes can become mutual.

Self esteem; if you like yourself, you can truly accept others.  The sense of fun, the spark of wonder, an ability to empathize sets the young ones on a path more ready for the rough roads life will bring, but also able to enjoy and recognize good days as they occur. 




For Maria, it's always about the children.  So while I may not have numerous entries about this wonderful place that we have spent so much time in, it is always on my mind.  In your lifetimes, may your memories be of where your Mother helped many be a little bit better.  And remember Molly, Anne, Graham, June, Judith, Marge, Kate,Jim, Donna, Sally, Liz, Elsa,Nova,....,the friendships you made and all the individuals that contributed to helping you guys become the good people you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...