Saturday, June 1, 2013

Pride, In The Name Of Dexter


   
Thursday May 30th Dexter graduated from middle school.  The ceremony was held at George Washington High School up the street from Presidio.  400 graduates passing on stage to receive their certificates.  From our balcony view, we could see Dexter applauding everyone of them.  One for all is he.  Of he, we are a proud Father and Mother, and Brother.  Fourteen years ago, if I had scripted this young man to be, I would not be disappointed.  Sure, he is sneaky watching episodes of Arrested Development or Community when he should be asleep on a school night.   I  remember that I watched the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson on a little black and white TV and repeats of Sgt. Bilko (You'll Never Get Rich) and the Honeymooners.  Of course if you're reading this Dext, that does not make this right!

    The graduation was followed by lunch of his choice (Tony's Cable Car diner) where Marcail and B-Rose joined us.  A visit to the their new house, then home before Dexter's school dance.  Maria set up and helped clean up. Dexter danced! and apparently was not as sentimental as some of his friends.  Oliver and I had a date visiting the arcades of the Wharf.  Soon we will be off to a place of Dexter's choosing, the cabins of Charles Bello.  Here's a recent article of Charles profiled in the NY Times: charles bello nytimes



   And as far as Dexter is concerned (and Oliver too)- out of school! Summer is here!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...