Saturday, October 31, 2015

Too Much Of Me Keeps Me Away


           Really- what have I been doing? Cooking- really cooking now. For me, this means following directions, not really improvising. Mostly from some Moosewood cookbooks. Sorting out our health coverage. Apparently awhile ago manual data entry of my social security # was typed incorrectly by someone at Covered California which has caused a series of errors.  Additionally that agency has not communicated correct updated information with Kaiser- and trying to find someone who is willing to dedicate themselves to correct the mistakes has not been easy to do.   We also refinanced the home, which in itself has been a comedy of errors on Chase's end. Several times we've been informed that the process is complete but at the last moment, complications. Once even with a Notary arriving without knowing that his visit was canceled and then ending up with us until he decided to leave. Following this was on a Friday evening when signing was due the next day. (sigh).  Finally completed.

          Getting Ollie to/from school and taking home on the home and providing the comfort of our abode has been a privilege and I am fortunate to have this time and the opportunity to take care of my big 3.

         I thought I would make it into San Francisco on a much more frequent basis but it's difficult driving in, and while public transport is usually much easier, it's often time I'd rather spend on a bike. I've explored Oakland some and  have found the Warehouse District to be a good place for coffee. Liking the Aeropress for just making one cup (small yield) provides a clean finish and perhaps the best (less impediments) flavor.

          It's the Mets (beat the Cards and the Dodgers) vs. the Royals (beat the Blue Jays, and the Astros) in the World Series. Series is presently 2-1 Royals with the Mets winning tonight. Juan Uribe makes his first appearance and comes through with a pinch hit RBI.   We know our friends Coco and Rex will be very happy.  Warriors begin the season 2-0.  A nice Halloween feast at Kathy and Bob's tonight.

         
Tunisian Vegetable Stew, part way

Tunisian Vegetable Stew, most of the way

can't explain this boy


Halloween costume by choice

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...