Sunday, August 21, 2016

Field Trip With John


   John has always been fascinated with airplanes and wanted to take the boys and I to the Hiller Aviation Museum near Redwood City. It's in a large warehouse with an addition outside.  The older vehicles intrigue in their design and reckless abandonment, it seems to me with anything to do with safety. To these pioneers who sought the point of view of creatures on wings, with many not on the template of a lengthy life span, you guys were brave, courageous wackadoodles. Interesting to note that the Wright Brothers survived their own close calls and tragedy and then had the wits to become consultants once they achieved success in their primary goal, to successfully get airborne.  The trek to Trek.

Pre flight, sitting with NaNa

all the helicopters suggest a party of dragonflies




J
      John has always wanted to go up and fly in a sea plane. I don't know- can we make this happen?
Hey! The first person to fly in California was Feng Ru who built an aircraft and flew it in 1909 outside of Oakland, CA.  He moved back to China and died in 1912 during a demonstration flight. Dude!, Why did you go!

they survived this crashing tin can. Must have been the scariest landing.



It's a good day to hang with the boys and John. I might add that I enjoyed the coffee afterwards just as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...