Monday, August 22, 2016

The Greenland Shark



    Maybe I'm not so old after all.




I think this is the coolest news.

400-year-old Greenland shark is oldest vertebrate animal Here's the link:
Greenland Shark 250-400 years old


These sharks exist in freezing waters. They swim very slowly less than one mile an hour but can burst when predating. Not seen often as they prefer these sub artic waters and will swim down deep (7200 feet) seeking colder waters, they are mysterious and large creatures, reaching 21-24 feet in length.  Greenland sharks are complete scavengers and will eat anything, also having the most toxic of all shark meat. Greenland sharks are also a big part of Inuit lore and also living in brackish waters, might actually be what people thought as the Loch Ness Monster.

(from Sharksider and Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...