Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Running Through The Green Light













New Years spent in Cambria, Central Coast near San Luis Obispo.
Quiet pretty dinner in the heated garden (heat lamp parboiled my head) of Robin's.
The hotel has a large garden area, lit up with Christmas lights and decorations and a
big green tunnel that Oliver loved to run back and forth in. I did too. This year I
hope to run through many a green light, saying "yes!", and run as a wolf with my mate
and young pups. Bad knee or not, life is too precious not to run, and live.










The next day Dexter and I ventured out in heavy winds and swirling rain- so much so
that in just ten minutes outside, my pockets of my coat were sopping wet. Maria and Oliver
chose to stay inside the vehicle as Dexter and I wanted to see the elephant seals, who
seemed very content to be in the pouring rains. Us, not so much. My camera had difficulty
focusing through the water. We entered back to the car, cold- so very cold.
In Cambria, we like the gardens, giant antique stores, Robins and Linn's, the Main Street
Grill, the baseball card shop, Moonstone Beach, and the quiet. Also staying at the Cambria
Pines Lodge, a big free breakfast was a nice plus. We have a nice place the next time the Burckins travel with us. A swimming pool warm as bath water, steaming in the cold. This time, running through the green light will suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...