Saturday, August 29, 2015

A Summer With Oliver



   This summer was my very first one that I had the complete summer to spend with the boys. While Dexter took the opportunity to work on Treasure Island after Tony helped him with the attic conversion(we missed you!), Oliver was home, as this was also his first time he wasn't at a year round school.  He opted to spend his waking hours on Mindcraft with his friends, or watching Mindcraft videos on his iPod, we went on bike rides, saw several summer films (Shaun The Sheep-this week-cool!) and recently went on some adventures. This week we went to the Chabot Space Center, the Huckleberry Botanical Trails, hung out with his cousin Marley, and visited the Oakland Zoo, where despite having the lamest alligator feeding session is a decent, and pretty place up in the Oakland hills.  Also Tuesday was his first day at his new school, on his own at orientation. He looked a little lonely.

Huckleberry Botanical Preserve is a quiet pretty place with trails that are shaded beneath trees and bushes. Only drawback was the sign that informs that "mountain lions are part of nature". Okay I understand this is their home and that I will never walk any of these trails to completion. Every coward for themselves I told Oliver.

I've enjoyed Oliver's biting humor (give a Dad a break, won't you?) especially when we shared meals together at cafes or restaurants.  We had a lot of fun together, as he's got a unique perspective on how he sees life.  Now if only I can get him to capture details better, with specifics. Tomorrow we're all going to Waterworld. I got my nose clips.









never too young to start driving your Dad around. Get the hint Dexter?

enjoyable sky way at the Oakland zoo
It's really high in the sky
I mean it's about 1 million miles high. It's too high!

how i really felt about being up in the sky way
lemurs and squirrels singles social

fruit bats are about 3 feet tall

Oliver rats (just kidding) are about 4.5 feet tall







spaced out dudes




can't take one decent photo with your dear old dad, can you?








when he's feeling joy, he shows it



















No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...