Saturday, August 29, 2015

Not Fools, Rews Crews


    Sweet moments found their way to our home last week with the visit of some friends from my last work team. While only some could make it,  I was delighted to see these fab five at the end of a tough week. It elevated my spirits and also I cooked some pretty good dishes. Nice to see you Christian, Brooke, Rocio, Melonnie and Pape.  In my lifetime I have had an amazing history of working with truly incredible people. I hope that I have let you know this when we were working and if if I didn't, then at some point subsequent to our time together.

     We are now three weeks into the constructdion project next door so quiet weekdays are a moment of the past, and will be for a year or so.  At least they stop by 5 (start by 7:30am), and it's not too bad although I can do without the beep, beep, beeping.

Brooke and I don't really have back problems no matter what this picture seems to suggest, and what information Maria didn't share with us

Pape reconsiders life with turtles

Christian holds court

long way from the pond

family is family whether lined foreheads or shells

no we didn't eat the turtles. this is Morroccan Vegetable Stew

well I know some of 'em!

This week Aunt Maureen died, John's sister.  She fit the bill of both a true Irish woman, and a fun, unique human being,. My mother enjoyed talking to Maureen whenever they were at a family gathering. .  She took care of her boys and she was someone you would want on your side. Rest in peace, Maureen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...