Sunday, August 30, 2015

Simple

Fox Theater, Oakland

Keep it simple is what I'm aiming to do. It seems that a simplified life is not one that I object to. I thought I might miss engaging with people on a daily basis. It turns out that I enjoy the moments when I do but that overall I am well in my relative solitude.  I'm not even going back to San Francisco that often as I thought I might. Transportation, although relatively easy with AC Transit is often slow getting into and out of SF, certainly in the later hours of the day.

Discovering movie theaters has been a joy as well as cooking, and grocery shopping.  These things excite me.  I do need to expand my menu of items to prepare and I have not dabbled much into desserts. Yet.  I thought I might be reading and writing much more, but I haven't. A little more maybe.  Now about to have more time during school semesters- with one behind me, I'll see how well I manage my time.  With a little lead  from Dext, I could finish his floor.

I've also decided to opt for a vegetarian diet- not yet 100% but close too. I'm not eliminating fish and oddly because I've eaten very little fish, I will be attempting to increase the fish in my diet.  How we treat the animals we consume as a society is what it comes down to for me no matter how clean some of the packaging is.  The flip side of this is how amazed I am that we can produce food if we have gardens, soil and water. Oliver too has mostly chosen to be a vegetarian but he's still too picky about what he will consume. Fortunately beans, and tofu are okay with him.

A little bit later: actually I don't see any reason why I need to increase the amount of fish in my diet; I don't really care for eating fish, fish probably have feelings too, so maybe I'll just stick to other sources....

Travelling and exploring on my own is something I did 25 years ago, and this rediscovered path of discovery is a good outlet for my senses and keeping my mind aware and curious.  I hope to take maybe 2 trips a year going to places my family might not normally be interested in. The frozen tundras! I'll always need to go to a city I think- I can't imagine travelling to anywhere without a comic book store in its borders, even if I don't go to it.  So the frozen tundras is not likely but maybe a city that has cold winters. This concept of snow thing.  People live in this climate? Hmm. Could I for a week? (No). Could I for a few days? Perhaps.

O begins school this week and pick up time is 3pm.  I'll have less time  than before but more of an opportunity to spend time with him after school.  Hopefully I'll be able to participate in some volunteer opportunities and we'll see about employment next year.  It's a privilege to have this opportunity, these times. I'm glad to be living it, and appreciative to all those who inspire me with their kindness, brilliance, and everyday goodness.  Congratulations to all who have taken brave steps; to Colleen for graduating, to Tina to getting back to school, Meghan's pregnancy, Woody for getting through surgery, to Maria for her success at LH,  to everyone for jumping into each day with if not enthusiasm, then the dedication and purpose of getting through it.  Life presents hard times and difficulties but it's an opportunity we have -for only a undetermined limited time to share joy, to help others, to marvel,to eat Molly's pies, to love. Sometimes, I'll happily settle for a  bike ride and a good laugh.


                                                           Nice and easy, like this














No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...