Saturday, December 31, 2016

The Glass Is Half Full, Right? #4: The Boys and Christmas

 
    A wacked out 2016. December with bursts of joy, and goodness, overwhelmed with sadness and peril. But this moment, this morning feels good, has meaning. The boys picked out charities for us, as Ria and I did for each other.  We still wanted to give them stuff; and while my cupboards are full, their years still have room for it.









Mike stopped by on Christmas Eve and brought (I neglected to scale this for the photo) this clever floor mat he had made. It's actually about 2 feet across and something he meant to bring by last year.

A few nights later, Maria and I went to the Great American Music Hall where we saw a flying tartis! And a kind of bluegrass band of Brothers Comatose in full shiny outer space garb. Why not? A friendly full audience, an energetic and excellent band, a willing Maria, and a time and place where burdens are not breathing.  They rigged up a 12 foot rocket ship that their friends and opening band, the Coffis Brothers launched for their intentionally silly entrance.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...