Thursday, August 4, 2011

After the After, Arcade Night

Last Saturday in Windsor was a big day. A
one of a kind day but this is about the after, what
Dexter, Oliver and I did.

We just had fun. Looking for a specific arcade
in Roehnert Park, we stumbled upon a different place. It was small arcade, minimal service and a big paint ball place. We watched some guys shoot each other with some of them getting hurt . At that point we decided we should find the original point of destination.

Scandia was just a block away. A whole mess of games, batting cages , mini golf, and about four rides. Tonight I thought I would just let them play out until they were tired. So that's what we did.

The one ride the boys chose was the water saucers where they could squirt each other, while avoiding streams of water that the pool provided. Surprised that Oliver would choose his own vehicle and surprised that they would let him, they were the only riders for this go-round. That is, once we located the ride operator.











Maybe I didn't think this out too well. It was about 8:30 at night, kind of cool outside and they could get pretty wet without a change of clothes at hand. Oliver was soaked. Dexter stopped squirting him once Big O asked him to stop. Alas, just before the ride's finish, I watched a big stream of water arch over from behind and...oh crap.

























Dried him up as best we could, wrapped him up in Dexter's jacket, and back in we went- until
10:30! Not a productive, brain challenging evening by any means but a good night in their book, I think.

1 comment:

  1. You're a good Dad. Part of the fun of being a kid is getting wet when you're not supposed to. These are the kind of days I always remember.

    ReplyDelete

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...