Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July 4 with Miles

 Miles came to visit on his brave bold year; that is, he will be traveling on his own as his Robert and Lisa are preparing this good young man to be independent.  Miles loves trains, trolleys, buses, cable cars and we were sure to fulfill all of these requests as well as getting him on Amtrak for his return ride home.  He stayed with us three nights and as I got used to checking up on his restful sleep (staying in the upper bunk over Ollie), I found myself missing him since he left Sunday.  Miles is youthful, friendly and to our egos, always happy to see us.  He enjoys rituals and our most recent was this bit of nonsense, "Chocolate Chipppp. Snickerdoooooodle".  Well, Miles would get it.  And probably still chuckle about it.

The view from the hill for the J4 Fireworks this year was a good one; not to cold and visibility, very clear. No crazy drivers tried to force their way down the hill and i didn't pull any muscles walking back down the street.  Maria's J4 barbecue was good way to gather.  The boys helped me put in a little time at work on Friday, we got some more fish for the work tank and did some exploring out by the Cliff House/old Sutro baths. Some Apples to Apples, and a stop at his favorite Gordo's and our favorite, Swenson's made for a very nice holiday weekend.  Keep being Miles, son!

On a side note I have to add that since Bob Cupp suggested I should rewire my stereo speakers (the past year my stereo would shut down if the volume was raised anywhere over quiet) -and since completing this task, I am able to turn it up!.  All my nights when everyone is sleeping (fortunately Alice who lives below us can only hear the music if it is very loud) I can turn up the volume and listen to music again.  That's life for me!


















the return of Peter Appelbaum and the Hieroglyphics Ensemble





at our july 4 gathering: the Enriquez's: Tracey, Edward, Alejandro, Isabel (funny!), Lance, Michael and Zachary, Marcail and Theresa, Herman, Anne R.,Robert and Lisa , Wade and Miles, Chews.   July 6 Farmer's Market on Clement St: Cohen-O'Leary's : Anne, Ben, Ava, Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...