Friday, July 5, 2013

Warning: The Following Images Are Disturbing.

This is not good- however it is fairly accurate.  Years from now when D&O seek something that may remind them of their father-for better or worse (maybe worse) they will have this.  The context  is several months ago, Oliver was practicing for his class performance of the song, "Strike Up The Band".  I challenged him to a song-off for later that day, with Dexter and Maria as judges. I knew that I could power out an amazing Judy Garland inspired version (watch the jokes. I know where you live).

Using a back brace belt from work- my intent was to be as a boxer before their fight but was  immediately thrown a curve when Oliver said that I could not sing the same song just minutes before our contest.  I immediately debated the value of this call but if there was to be a song-off, I would have to agree to the terms.

The good sport that I am, I went back to my fall back number of the National Anthem and then...quickly forgot the words. The video is my attempt to recover but the entire time I am understanding Christina Aquilera's pain.  (Note: we both crushed the ending of the anthem).

Once you allow yourself to open your eyes, you may decide that I really can sing.  You may decide this, despite how the judges voted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...