Tuesday, July 30, 2013

We 3 (had a nice time)



       Not long ago my sister, brother and I gathered to meet the Estate attorneys. It's been (what seems like) a long process even though our parents prepared well for the day when they would no longer be with us. Certainly much of what we feel is their absence, and missing their wisdom.  When faced with our new collective, we are uncertain, unsteady.  Arranging meeting times with Sis having to drive the longest distance, keeping my brother awake (seems to be the fallback rather than dealing with the pain of it all- "I need to sleep")  though most of the meetings only required him to walk down his stairs, made getting to this point a journey.

        On this day after a drive to Marin and a good appointment (after a shaky start), instead of immediately heading back home, we adjourned to my  suggestion to drive a short distance to Mill Valley.  We went to Punjabi's Burritos.  A little bit from the norm, certainly for Mike- more of a place that Hingee might enjoy but Mike was willing.  The sun was out, with a cool breeze especially in the shade.  We ordered, I grabbed a couple of jackets, and a cup of coffee back to the table as had the best time together- emphasis on together in years.  After a walk through downtown to the bookstore, and only then a drive back home.

cool cat with the axe (Fender Bugs model) is me
        Funny thing- advice from within my cab ride that morning- my driver emphasized the importance of his family, no matter what.  No matter the differences, obstacles, seemingly unreasonable behavior.  On this night our parents would have smiled, content that their children were family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...