Wednesday, May 11, 2011

We Live In The Big City


It's not always a good thing. It's something we question ourselves, on occasion. The possibilities of owning a house! and the peace of mind of safety, the kids playing in front of home without us watching over them-and knowing their neighbors are elements we want for them but the reality is this is not their reality. How much darkness do they pass each day? How much sadness should they bear witness to, the isolated and lonely, mentally troubled, angry folks? And yes, in every community there are these conditions but certainly more prevalent in crowded city spaces.

It's just that here, in San Francisco where people have decided to live or others who find that they can not leave- proximity and interaction creates a template where anything can happen. It is this uncontrolled environment where the possibilities of good, bad and goofy (non partisan) can occur on a moment's notice. Forget the plans. That is the attraction and the burden of the choice. Just as I wrote about New Orleans; I may reconsider when someone hits me on the head, again.




I'm counting; this is my 100th entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...