Monday, July 18, 2016

Into The Jaws Of My Happiness


    Sometimes I think I've just participated in this (wonderful) kid thing just to have the opportunity to watch Jaws with them, when they've been ready and willing to see this wonderful (truly!) film. People forget that there are moments of joy, wonder, humor and release along with all the suspense, and sometimes scary parts.  A perfectly realized music score, cinematography, performances, direction and story telling. The best example when knowing your weakness becomes a strength (lack of CGI, limits of robot shark, etc leads to seeing less and informs more).  There is one specific part of horror where I've taken great glee in becoming borderline sadistical in making the moment a little scarier, jolting the first time viewer at the same time the movie does. I've only had to apologize to Maria (several times).  Such great reactions, of joy that a movie can still startle like it does. This time Dexter got an assist on his brother. 40 years going back to my mom, then Maria, Cailin (viewed on a boat!) Dexter and now Oliver.  Oh, his reaction was so good.  Maybe the best moment of the year for me. I need another kid.

   

kind of like how Oliver looked (reacting to an earlier part of the movie)



actors lounging waiting for Kraft Services. "So Bob, did you see the game this weekend?"


                                Did the director of this film ever find more work? He did a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...