Sunday, July 18, 2010

evocation of a dreamlike state






I really love to listen to the radio announcers of Giants baseball. The team has done well with a rich history of voices for a game that to many can lack excitement and interest. From Lon Simmons to today, baseball told well is a gathering with evocative storytellers. Today, a combination of four individuals: Kuiper, whose sarcasm and cutting humor is balanced with Krukow's optimism and enthusiasm, Miller, a Hall of Fame voice sharing a rich history of the game, and with the could-be stodgy Fleming -who contributes precision, clarity and often giddy laughter.



The same pleasure is derived from time spent with the NPR program This American Life. You just sit back a bit and allow the stories to take you somewhere you didn't necessarily plan to go. Sounds, words, cadence and flow create visual images filled with feeling.
It's like this too in the company of friends. I am often happiest just listening to conversations
that meander and travel taking direction only from the give and take. I'm really not napping.
or dreaming.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...