Wednesday, July 7, 2010

missing sherman and peabody

I am not sure what Sherman and Peabody have to do with this one but i've been thinking about them, and thinking what an odd pairing of friends they were. (let alone how someone would have pitched their storyline: we got a brainy dog with his friend and tutor, Sherman; neither are conflicted or idiotic. Both are literate and curious.... where's the slapstick in that?) A long time ago they went off the air. Probably too boring by today's standards = zero chances of The New Adventures Of, and that's good news but nevertheless, I miss them.

I guess this leads into my questions as to how to react when your friends move on; especially friends you have come to appreciate in a relatively short period of time. They move forward to explore new opportunities and experience life. Nope, can't blame 'em for that. I have to remember to not lock them just into the time I knew them and allow room for change- that is, unless the next time I see them they approach me with an e-meter to measure my state of electrical characteristics of the static field around my body. I might blame them for that.
Of course my other concern is that i may not see them more than a handful of occasions in the years to come, and surely one time will be many years later when my teeth are rotted and I refer to myself as "Sally"- so how do I express appreciation for the good humor, inclusion and support that has been given to me by a mismatched but perfectly matched team? Finding a balance between sounding cotton candy sweet or in over compensating for, offerng brittle comments instead . Once while writing in yearbooks- not wanting to write farewells such as "I'll miss you" or "you're a great pal", I instead opted for, "you're a crud"or "get lost". This was inspired by a funny Tony Randall Odd Couple episode. In real life, this turned out to be not that funny and no one took my sentiments as sentimental. Or appreciative, although distinctive.
My clarity is this. It's a good thing you do, and you're not a crud. Enjoy the journey. Pay attention to the tide. Don't yell at your passengers. I will miss you very much. Thank you for your friendship {receive virtual high five now}. Also, if a company puts out a collection of Sherman and Peabody stuff, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...