Tuesday, April 19, 2011

To The Victor Goes The Soda

Our friend Hobbs took a long break from her blog last month- although has returned in full press. She listed about 50 or so activities where March took her. One topic that would catch the attention of any reader is this:

"Had a 2L soda drinking contest (complete with puking)"

Now not something you would contemplate that any reasonable person should strive to accomplish but it is a particular (peculiar) talent. Because Hobbs has a full plate of topics to pursue (and it's obvious I do not) I've been allowed to write about this event.

As Schwarz, Nick and Dexter and multitudes have experienced, Hobbs is a very competitive person. Seeing someone toss a coin in the air, Hobbs will immediately challenge the stranger to
who can toss their coins the highest. To date, Hobbs has lost $14,295.12.

We often hear of these great soda drinking contests- any 2L soda, gulped down to completion and another win for Hobbs. It's sort of that story-again?. Having a lot of miles from my frequent work travels to Hayward, I decided to use them and fly up to Seattle and settle this once and for all.

With a hired photographer in tow to document the competition, we flew up north. I grabbed the only 2L sodas at the Hudson News ship at Sea-Tac Airport, made the call, and we settled on a time for the 2L challenge. I immediately began to line my stomach with dairy and soda stabilizers. Then drove to the destination point. Cue the western music.

I can write all I want but the pictures tell the story. So here with just a few helpful notes, is the big event.



Soda2L2011. Hobbs v. Chew



Ready,Set....














GO!









This is not a pleasant thing to do. It is very uncomfortable...



























UH- OH!!!!






(photographer actually caught my very last drop!)
I am not going to gloat. However we noticed a bunch of odd things that for a lack of a better term, came out of Sarah. The photographer documented it in the next photo: streams of cola, along with key chain! coins! and a note....










Thank goodness Schwarz was there to help Hobbs along- who to her credit kept smiling. And in truth perhaps I was the boxer who was still standing at the end but not feeling my best- but knowing that having done my best, that my reward was victory.


the photographer wanted to be sure that he got his face on this page. {his brother had to do his homework.} He will add the victory photo later...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Uncle Brian. I just learned about your blog recently, and have spent the last two days pouring through the archives. Really introspective (and some eye-opening)stuff. It was fun to see that you were right where I was during the title run. Still can barely believe WE did it! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jay! Yeah, always thought about you during the series run. I did lose it (Bad Dad moment) in the first series when Atlanta hit the 2 runner in the B8th. Seem to recall my flipping the transistor radio and walking out of the room. Wasn't until I called my Dad a little later to say hello when he! was excited that they tied the game up and were rallying back.."are you kidding me?" I immediately ran back to turn the radio on!
    This blog is just something i hope D&O will enjoy reading someday- although I do go off the track sometime, unhinged. But for a frame of time, it may represent what sifts through my mind in relation to their growing up.

    ReplyDelete

I Can't Keep This A Secret Any Longer

With great news this morning of November 7,2020, it's time to share more: I didn't like my makeup and admittedly I am wearing a bad ...